Sunday, January 22, 2012

Parea Bistro Review


Went to Parea Bistro last night with my folks. Had never been and passed it for years on my way to and from Gramercy Tavern and always said, I should check this place out. Well, glad I finally did and upset it took so long. The food was really fresh and tasty. To start we all split assorted dips (eggplant salad, tzatziki, htipiti, and fava) with nicely charred pita. We also had grilled calamari and amazing veggie chips (breaded and just friend enough). For entrees, I had the whole grilled fish and shaved the checks for Gramercy Guy. Others with  me had the fish special which was pan seared dorado over broccoli rabe, and seafood yiouvestsi which was shell fish over orzo with a sauce that had great flavor and a hint of cinnamon. The service was strange. Granted it was  the end of a cold snowy day so when we arrive, there were only a few other tables. Our waiter started out to be overbearing and quite pushy. We had to work hard to pace the meal ourselves. As the restaurant filled in, the waiter seemed to back off. All in all the food was great and that’s what will bring me back…that is if I can pass Gramercy Tavern without popping in there first. 

Now off to cook today’s theme tailgate…crab chowder for lunch during the Baltimore/New England Game and homemade pizzas with the fresh California veggies for Giants/49ers game. Go big blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment