Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

This was the prefect weekend, the weather was amazing in New York and I got to spend some time with friends on Saturday and family Sunday. Gramercy Guy and I hosted a BBQ for the fathers in honor of Father's Day.

We started with grilled pizza for appetizers. The dough is the same I've made before, you can get the recipe here. For toppings, we went with caramelized onions and mushrooms with goat cheese.

The other had ricotta cheese, arugula, lemon zest, prosciutto and shaved Parmesan cheese.

The pizzas were great (my favorite dish of the day), they had a delicious char from the grill and the crust was really chewy. If you have a grill and have tried making your own pizza, I highly recommend cooking it on the grill.

For entrees, we used the June issue of Food & Wine for inspiration and cooked the balsamic marinated flank steak.


For sides, we grilled some eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, and jalapenos.


Dessert was easy but was gone before I could get a pic, assorted flavors of Ralph's Italian Ices and my first watermelon of the season. Everything came out really great. I can't waiting until I can make these again. I just hope the fathers (and mothers and siblings) enjoyed it as much as Gramercy Guy and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment