Monday, February 27, 2012

Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Style

About a year ago, I participated in a recipe exchange chain email. While most of the people I asked to also participate clearly didn't because I only got a handful of recipes back, one recipe I did get was so simple you hit yourself on the head, "why didn't I think of that!" I have shared this with so many friends, all have enjoyed it.

Slow cooker pulled pork
Pork loin (1-2lbs)
12oz soda (I use Dr Pepper or Cherry Coke-today I tried Dr Browns Black Cherry today and it worked well)
Your favorite bbq sauce (usually we use homemade sauce that Gramercy Guy makes, but on his recent trip to Austin, he picked up a bottle of sauce from The Salt Lick)
  1. In slow cooker put in the pork and the soda and cook for 6-8hrs on low 
  2. Take the pork out and discard the liquid 
  3. Shread/pull the pork (take two forks and hold the meat with one and pull with the other)
  4. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and mix with bbq sauce
 I like to serve mine on a nice roll with coleslaw and a pickle



If you were in a recipe exchange, what recipe would you give out? Share your favorite with me, I will try it and review it here

No comments:

Post a Comment