Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Broccoli Garlic Pasta with Chicken

Since Sunday was "Spring Forward" and I got in late from a Soulive show the night before, I found I was dragging all day. Making something satisfying and quick for dinner was my #1 priority. One of my favorite pasta dishes is broccoli, garlic and oil with shaved Parmesan. Plus, I recently splurged on some really good olive oil from California Olive Ranch and wanted to use it. I decided to add chicken for some protein. This was just the the comfort food I wanted on a lazy Sunday evening, but it's so easy you can make it in a snap on any night of the week.
 

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
2 heads of broccoli (cut into easy to eat florets)
3-4 cloves (sliced, not minced)
3 tablespoons good olive oil + more to drizzle on pasta
1/2 cup of flour
Parmesan Cheese
Pasta (I have come to not love boxed, and too lazy to make my own, I got fresh pasta in the refrigerated section of my grocery store)
Salt/pepper to taste
  1. In a large pot bring water to a boil for the pasta
  2. Dredge the chicken in the flour (I just put the flour in a baggie, add the chicken and give a shake). I find the flour gives the chicken a little crust and the skin doesn't get dry
  3. In a large skillet heat the oil then add the garlic until it starts to smell really good (if the garlic starts to over cook, you can remove the garlic, the oil will have already been infused)
  4. Add the chicken and cook until it's mostly done
  5. Add the broccoli and cook until it's a bright green and soft
  6. Cook the pasta per the package directions and drain (I like to save some of the pasta water to add to my skillet before I add the pasta)
  7. Drop in the pasta water into skillet and add the pasta
  8. Mix well until everything is incorporated and drizzle with additional olive oil (I don't like mine oily, I just like the taste of a really good oil)
  9. Shave as much Parmesan cheese as you like (I love a ton)
Serve with some garlic bread and a side salad. What's your go to comfort meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment