Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chicken Scarpiello

If you read my blog, you know that one of my favorite dishes is chicken scarpiello. I was recently in Vegas and was lucky enough to go to Rao's, where I think their scarpiello is the best. (Rao's, Las Vegas). Inspired by that trip, I added a chicken cut in 8ths to my weekend FreshDirect order and planned to make it. I looked up a bunch of recipes to compare.  I knew the basics, white wine, sweet and hot pickled peppers, fresh peppers, etc., but wanted to see the specifics. Gramercy Guy suggested the obvious, which I totally over looked, check out Rao's site and see their recipe. I cannot take any credit for the this recipe and the only change I made was to go heavier on the hot peppers. 


 

I don't think it was as good as Rao's but it was a great first attempt. I know what tweaks I want to make, for next time, to make it better. Pretty soon, mine will be as good as theirs. Move over Rao's...soon I'll take limited reservations and Gramercy Girl's place will become the hardest reservation in NYC. Who want as resy?

No comments:

Post a Comment